Special Issue: COLONIAL POSTS
- Helen Gilbert, Great Adventures in Nursing:
- Colonial Discourse and Health Care Delivery in Canada's North
- Patrick McGee, Humpty Dumpty and the Despotism of Fact:
- A Critique of Stephen Howe's Ireland and Empire
- Kareva Mateata-Allain, Ma'ohi Women
- Writers of Colonial French Polynesia:
- Passive Resistance toward a Post(-)colonial Literature
- Hechmi Trabelsi, Transcultural Writing:
- Ahdaf Soueif's Aisha as a Case Study
- Reiland Rabaka, Deliberately Using the Word 'Colonial'
- in a Much Broader Sense";
- W.E.B. Du Bois's Concept of 'Semi-Colonialism'
- as Critique of and Contribution to Postcolonialism
- Alicia Jenkins, Voices from Under the Cliff:
- Emilian Kavalski, Notions of Voluntary Identity and
- Citizenship in Wonderful Adventures of Mrs. Seacole in Many Lands
- Klaus de Albuquerque, Goliath:
- Short Fiction
- Kevin Perromat Augustín, Adventures in Imperial Anthropography
- (A Nineteenth-Century Pastiche)
- Jorge J. Barrueto, Discovering the "Bizarre":
- The Peruvian Indian, Travel Writing, and Temporal Distancing
- in Vargas Llosa's Historia de Mayta
- K. Suneetha Rani, Travelogue as (Post)Colonial Satire:
- Mokkapati Narashimha Sastry's Barrister Parvatheesam
- Edward O. Ako and Blossom Fondo, Alterity and the Imperial Agenda:
- Mary Kingsley's Travels in West Africa and
- Gerald Durrell's The Bafut Beagles
- Lamia Tayeb, Martha's Odyssey: The Motif of the Journey
- in Doris Lessing's The Children of Violence
- Bernard Wilson, Sketches, Vignettes, & Brush Strokes:
- Portraits of the (Malaysian) Writer as a Young Man
Harry Garuba, Conjuctions of Impulse in the African Literary ImaginationReview of The African Imagination: Literature in Africa and the Black Diaspora. By F. Abiola Irele.
Chun-yen Jo Chen, 'Are We There Yet?' 'History' as a Postcolonial DilemmaReview of Provincializing Europe: Postcolonial Thought and Historical Difference. By Dipesh Chakrabarty.
Suzie Suriam, Inter/National IdentitiesReview of Postcolonial Theory and the United States: Race, Ethnicity, and Literature. Edited by Amritjit Singh and Peter Schmidt.
John Hickman, Stranger in a Golden LandReview of The Iron Road: A Stand for Truth and Democracy in Burma. By James Mawdsley.
Susan Muaddi Darraj, Jordan CrossingsReview of Colonial Effects: The Making of National Identity in Jordan. By Joseph A. Massad.
Maureen E. Ruprecht Fadem, "The Movement Toward Self Definition"Review of Illiterate Heart. By Meena Alexander.
About the Contributors
Recent Books by Jouvert Board Members
Back to Jouvert Mainpage